Ah, warm weather. Nothing gives me less desire to cook. I do not want to turn on the oven when it’s hot outside! So I’m always looking for quick and easy dinner recipes that don’t require a lot of cooking. That’s why I love this Asian Chicken Slaw. It comes together really quick and the only thing you have to cook is the chicken!
Not only is it delicious it’s packed with fruits and veggies! I love the broccoli slaw base! And the sweetness of the mandarin oranges. And the crunch of the noodles. And I even like the leftovers when the noodles aren’t so crunchy any more!
And it’s nice having leftovers that don’t need reheated. I was able to pack the leftovers for a picnic lunch at the park with my girls! It’s a perfect summer meal! It will be on regular rotation this summer!
- 1 package chicken flavor raman noodles
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (1-2 limes)
- 1/4 seedless cucumber
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 12 oz broccoli slaw
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- With the noodles still in the package, crush into small pieces. Add noodles to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl add the raman seasoning packet, ginger, garlic, oil, sugar and soy sauce. Mix until well combined. Add to the mixing bowl with the noodles and mix gently.
- Thinly slice cucumber, then cut the slices in half. Add the cucumber, broccoli slaw and chicken to the noodles and mix.
- Arrange the slaw on a serving platter and top with mandarin oranges before serving.