Continuing on the birthday train this week, I made my own birthday cake. It’s not as pathetic as it sounds. Cupcake helped. And I do like homemade sweets. And I’m the one who makes homemade sweets around here. And man was it good!
You’ve had no bake eclair cake right? With the pudding and the graham crackers? This is a variation of that, but instead of pudding it’s marshmallow! A no bake s’moreclair cake! Um, hello!! I love marshmallow!! And I love chocolate. And I love graham crackers. What I’m trying to say is I love s’mores. But I might have told you that once before.
The cake was really good on my birthday (the day I made it), but it was even better the next day! It really needed that day for the graham crackers to get nice and soft. You have to try this recipe out this summer. I guarantee it will be a hit!
- 1 box graham crackers
- 13 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 8 oz tub whipped topping
- 12 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Combine marshmallow creme and whipped topping with a stand or hand mixer until well combined and smooth.
- Line a 9x13 casserole dish with graham crackers in a single layer.
- Pour half the marshmallow/whipped topping over the crackers, spreading evenly.
- Put another single layer of crackers over the marshmallow/whipped topping.
- Pour the remaining marshmallow/whipped topping mixture over the crackers, spreading evenly.
- Layer on graham crackers, again in a single layer.
- Place chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler and whip until melted and combined.
- Pour chocolate over the cake, spreading evenly, then refrigerate.
- Allow to sit at least 4 hours, but it's best if you make this a day ahead.
I’m going to be sad when this is gone! With that said I’m off to eat the last piece for breakfast! Enjoy!
But before I go I want to remind you about the birthday giveaway I have going on! Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win.
Recipe adapted from My Kaotic Kitchen.