My munchkins are always munching. The big one is big on snacks still. I convinced her to eat some guacamole. She wanted a chip. I held them hostage, only giving them to her with “dip” on them. She ate it. She ate something green. I was shocked. And I have photographic evidence to prove to her she likes it. Well, that doesn’t actually work. I tried showing her a picture of herself eating soup when she was younger. It did not convince her to eat soup for dinner that night.
We’ve jumped back on the apple slices with peanut butter and raisins (no, wait in this picture it’s currants) wagon for lunch. I love peanut butter smiles.
And I though maybe, just maybe being more invovled in cooking would help convince her to eat. She usually just stirs dried beans in her play pot next to me, but I let her make sweet and sour sauce for baked sweet and sour chicken the other day. She loves mixing ingredients. She voluntarily ate her obligatory piece, but was done. So it didn’t really work, though she did eat all of her sister’s super softly steamed carrots. I then had to steam more for Pumpkin, but I really couldn’t be mad at Cupcake for eating veggies.
Looking back at pictures of Pumpkin’s eatings one might think I only feed her orange food. She devoured sweet potatoes.
She’s also a big fan of butternut squash.
I think she’s been eating carrots. I know she’s been feeding them to the dog.
She loved bananas, but just like big sister they gave her a rash.
We just started her on some pears, which is what she’ll be munching on tomorrow! She’s not yet 7 months old, so she’s still not getting solid food on a regular basis. I am having so much fun watching her explore new foods! She’s taken to eating much better than big sister, so I’m hoping she’ll be less of a picky eater.
I don’t just blog, but I like to read blogs, too. I’ve always been a big fan of Google Reader, but it’s leaving me (and you, too!). So now the task at hand is finding a replacement because I know I can’t keep track of all my blogs by myself. Thankfully we have some time to shop around before Reader goes away completely and goodness knows I need that time! I’m trying a few new programs on for size right now and I don’t know if I’m happy. It’s change. I don’t like change (except paint color on my walls!). Up first are Bloglovin’ and Feedly. Have you tried either one? Which one do you like? Or do you like another one all together? I know there are a few more options out there, but I don’t want to overwhelm myself by trying them all at once. Are you a Google Reader convert? Or have you always used something else? Help a girl out!!!!!
Lately it’s been looking a lot like this around here.
Gloomy, rainy, snowy, cold, windy, blah!!!!!!!! Is it spring, yet?
I was sent a pair of sunglasses from Sunglasses Shop to try out and was just waiting for the sun to finally come out so I could break them in! Finally, we got some sun over the weekend, which worked out well since I drove to Indiana and back. When it’s sunny I need sunglasses (especially while driving). I have sensitive to light blue eyes. I get headaches easily from the sun.
How cute are they?!?! They’re the SXUC Kylie in green. I love green! And I love these sunglasses. I had a pair of green sunglasses once, but they were cheap and didn’t last long. These sunglasses look great, feel great and are budget friendly. I don’t want expensive sunglasses. OK, I lied, I do, but I don’t want my 2 year old to ruin them, so even though Sunglasses Shop carries Oakley sunglasses, Ray-Ban sunglasses, and other designer sunglasses these work for my lifestyle.
I’m looking forward to many more sunny days sporting my new shades!
*I was not compensated for this post, I did however receive the sunglasses for free. All opinions are my own.
It looks like I’ve been nominated for The Liebster award again! This time by Lindsey over at Hilda Gotrocks. Since I’ve already done it once I’m just going to answer her questions and instead of nominating new blogs I’ve updated my Blog Love page.
1. If someone wrote a book or movie about your life what would it be titled?
Hot Mess – since that’s what I feel like most of the time
2. What is one thing on your bucket list that you haven’t done?
Go to Ireland
3. What is your most embarrassing moment?
My life is a series of embarrassing moments.
4. What is your goal as a blogger?
To inspire creativity. To share fun ideas for kids. To help people realize crafting, cooking, and DIYing aren’t that hard. Mostly just to talk your ear off so my hubby doesn’t get sick of me going on and on and on about my projects.
5. As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? How did it work out?
Mary Lou Retton – I quit gymnastics as a sophomore in high school. High school activities kept me busy and our school didn’t have a gymnastics team. I was afraid to do anything more than a backwalkover on the beam any way.
I honestly haven’t thought about this. I’m all over the place so I don’t think I can really pin it down to one person. How about Pioneer Woman because she makes mouthwatering food and seems to do so effortlessly (and I feel like a spaz when I’m cooking).
9. Toilet paper: over or under? I just need to know.
10. What is the best gift you’ve ever received?
Would it be sappy and cliche to say my daughters?
11. What advice would you give to the 15 year old you?
Don’t buy stupid stuff. Save the money for college!
……….Cupcake and Pumpkin. What award you ask? The Liebster award. Cinnamon over at Eat Pray Tri nominated me. She’s a funny gal with cute pups, so go check her out! Oh, I hope I can live up to the expectations of an award winner. Here goes nothing………
Here are the rules:
Write 11 random facts about yourself
Answer the 11 questions given by the blogger who nominated you
Create 11 new questions
Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in the post
Thank the blogger who nominated you and tell the bloggers you’ve nominated
Random facts about me
1. I have OCD tendencies. I have expectations of how things should be and if they don’t go the way I expect I get very anxious and agitated. A messy house gives me anxiety (I feel anxious about that a lot). I don’t like to use things for the first time because I don’t want to mess up its perfectness. I always put my left sock and shoe on first and put my left contact in and take my left contact out first. I chew my food equally on both sides of my mouth.
2. I changed my major 3 times in college and still graduated in 4 years. I started out as a pharmacy major, switched to medical technology and ended up in occupational safety and health. I never left the school of Health Sciences so a lot of the classes overlapped which helped with that graduating on time thing. Boiler up!
3. I ran the Columbus Half Marathon in Oct. 2007. I started training for it in April of that year. When I started training I couldn’t even run for 3 minutes without feeling like I was going to die. After I finished the race I didn’t run for another 6 or 7 months and I basically had to start from scratch with running again. And then again after my first pregnancy. Getting back into running after my second pregnancy hasn’t been as hard. The first time I went out I almost ran a mile before stopping to walk.
4. I wish tie dye clothing was always in fashion so I could wear it. Instead I just dress my children in it. Kids can get away with wearing it. Just like they’re the only ones who can wear overalls.
5. I very much believe I can do anything. I dive into all these projects, a lot of times never having done anything like it before. Well, now I’m less green, but I knew nothing about painting when we bought our house, but I slapped some paint on the wall the day we got the keys. I fixed a rotted door jamb on the exterior garage door even though the guy at the hardware store thought I couldn’t do it. I ripped off rotted trim on our pop out window on the front of the house even though I knew nothing about how I was going to fix it. Four years later the trim is still looking good. I impress myself. And I think I impress my hubby (and I think he loves that one of us is willing to do the work and not have to pay someone else!).
6. I’m pretty sure I don’t have a sweet tooth. I have an entire set of sweet teeth. I can’t resist a cookie, cake, brownie, piece of pie, chocolate, ice cream, or even a hard candy. I LOVE SWEETS!!! I have the thighs to prove it.
7. I had a passport for 4 years before I ever got to use it. I got it in 2007 because my hubby was supposed to go to London for work around my birthday back in 2008. He did a 2 year stint in DC instead, so a coworker took his wife on my trip. But he made up for it in the fall of 2011 when we spent 12 days there.
8. Every time I put on my Snuggie I sing the Snuggie theme song.
9. I’m a list maker. I have lists all over the house. I almost always put too much on my to do list. And I always put one fun thing on my to do list.
10. I hardly ever wear makeup. I never really learned how to apply makeup, so I have no idea what I’m doing. On the occasions that I do put makeup on I always think it looks weird. I also stuck at styling my hair. Having thin, limp, fragile hair doesn’t help.
11. I talk too much. And that’s all I have to say about that.
And here are Cinnamon’s questions.
If you could visit any country, where would you go? Ireland – I want to see lots of green.
Do you like to plan things or be spontaneous? For the most part I’m a planner. See above – list maker.
What is your favorite joke? Why do cows have bells? Because their horns don’t work. I used to tell my grandma this joke every day when I was a kid. And she always laughed.
How do you like your steak cooked? (if you eat steak that is) I don’t eat steak.
Favorite number and why? 3 – I have no idea. I’ve just liked it since I was a kid.
What is one website you go to everyday? Facebook – pathetic I know, but we don’t live near any family so it’s the best way to keep up with everyone.
How do you feel about public speaking? Terrified of it, which is funny since as a Thirty-One consultant I have to stand up in front of people and talk.
Would you ever sky dive or bungee jump? Heck no! I’m a chicken.
What did you want to be when you grew up? Mary Lou Retton
What accomplishment are you most proud of? Graduating from college.
What is your favorite movie/book? I’m a sucker for all things Harry Potter. I have and love all the books and movies. They are actually the only books I own (I’m a library checker outer).
Now I have to come up with 11 questions to ask.
1. What is your favorite band?
2. Coffee, cocoa or tea?
3. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
4. Your hair color: natural or from a box?
5. Aside from blogging, what do you do in your free time?
6. What is your favorite season and why?
7. Chevron craze – love it or hate it?
8. What was the last movie you saw in the theater?
9. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
10. If you were in the Miss America pagent what would your talent be?
11. If you could have chosen your own name what would it be?
Whoa! I decided to import my old blog into my new blog! I didn’t realize just how easy it would be. I thought it would be some huge complicated process, so I just ignored it (occasionally linked back to the old blog). But in just a few clicks it’s all here now! So, if you want to see some baby Cupcake posts take a look back in the archives. Aww……she was so little then!!!!!