It’s time to get cooking! After hubby being gone for 11 days for work I’m back in the kitchen. You see, I don’t really cook while he’s gone because he’s usually the only one who eats my food. Not because it’s not good, but because I have two picky little eaters in my house. Yesterday I went to the grocery store, prepped fruits and veggies for the week, roasted a whole chicken in the Crock Pot, put together a meal to dump in the Crock Pot later in the week and put the chicken bones back into the Crock Pot to make broth overnight.
But this Ravioli with Butternut Squash and Thyme recipe doesn’t require a lot of prep work! It comes together really fast and easy! And it’s delicious!
I love butternut squash and it makes a great substitute for tomato sauce tossed with cheese ravioli. And fresh thyme adds some extra pizzazz!
This is a great meal to make tonight for meatless Monday! I actually made this while hubby was out of the country. And then I ate all the leftovers myself. Even the leftovers are delicious!
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½" cubes (about 1 lb)
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp. small fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 package cheese ravioli
- ¼ c. grated Parmesan
- Cook the ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the squash, season with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and cook, uncovered, tossing occasionally, until the squash is tender and beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Transfer the ravioli to plates, top with the squash mixture and sprinkle with the Parmesan.