Now that I’m done DIYing the kitchen I want to sew! Actually I did get a bit of sewing done while waiting for paint to dry. I made a pair of shorts for Cupcake with this cute striped denim that I found in the remnants section. I used a McCalls pattern and completely goofed up the sizing so the shorts were way too big in the waist. The length looked good, though. I tried to see if I could squeeze out another (smaller) pair with the remaining fabric, but I just didn’t have enough.
I also made Cupcake a shirt, but I used the correct chest measurement and it ended up too short. I’ve also got a shirt for myself in progress, but I’m not quite done with it, yet. What I did complete was a cute chevron and polka dot number for Pumpkin! I bought some fabric and a pattern completely on a whim when I was out doing some solo shopping on my birthday.
That pretty fabric right on top was destined for Pumpkin’s new outfit. And peeking out behind the eyelets and elastic is the pattern!
Ain’t she cute!?!?! The pattern is McCall’s M6912 and is one of their Easy patterns. And it really is an easy pattern.
I loved the little cross back style. And those little bloomers poking out!
The contrasting neckline! And pockets! I’m glad I went with the contrasting pockets.
I was really happy this pattern worked out well with the sizing after having two failed projects in a row. Momma needed a win! And well, how could she wear such a cute outfit without a matching hair bow (which she might have dipped in pasta sauce before this photo shoot, which required a wash, which is why the bow isn’t very perky).
That sweet girl rocked her new outfit and I can’t wait to put her in it again (and again!).
OK, I just got a package in the mail yesterday so I’m off to play with those new sewing goodies! And then I’ll show you what I made. 🙂