The trouble with trying to get back into my prepregnancy jeans is that I love to bake. And apparently I passed that gene onto Cupcake. That girl wants to bake something EVERY day.
How can I resist when that face asks “can we bake cookies?” Especially when she wants to wear her chef’s hat and apron. So bake cookies we did.
Chocolate just like she wanted. Dark chocolate just like I wanted. We ended up with Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies and they were divine! I used Ghirardelli dark chocolate chocolate chips. You can’t go wrong there.
Cupcake approved before the cookies even came out of the oven.
Apparently I also passed on my lick the beater gene. She wants to lick the beater before we’ve even added all the ingredients. She also wants to eat the cookies the second they come out of the oven. She gets that gene from her daddy. I don’t like to burn my tongue on deliciousness. I do like them warm, though. And these are delicious warm! A little crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. And dark chocolate. Did I mention they’re dark chocolate? I love me some dark chocolate.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Which together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Melt 4 ounces of the chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler. Let cool slightly.
- Put chocolate mixture, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium until combined. Reduce speed to low and gradually mix in flour mixture. Fold in the remaining chocolate chips.
- Using a large scoop (2 tbsp) drop dough onto Silpat lined baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies are flat and surfaces crack, 12-15 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
*recipe adapted from Martha Stewart Milk-Chocolate Cookies
Now, if you’ll excuse me. We’re off to the Indianapolis Children’s Museum today. I’m hoping chasing my girls all over that place will burn off some of these cookie calories!
Have a great weekend!
*Links to Amazon are affiliate links. If you click through and make a purchase through an affiliate link I will receive a small commission, though your price will remain the same. Thank you for your support.