I need to send a shout out to Hershey’s for making these awesome Mint Chocolate Chips! Without you I cannot make double chocolate mint cookies! Thanks, Hershey’s!!!
I seriously love mint so these chocolate chips and these cookies make me deliriously happy! When I realized I had a bag of these mint chocolate chips in my pantry and I had a hankering for baking (my kitchen was clean after all!) I started doing my happy dance. And then set to work. Nevermind that my stand mixer bowl and paddle were in the dishwasher (that was halfway through the cycle). Cookies were about to get made!
I got out my back up hand mixer and a shiny bowl.
I busted out the largest bag of baking soda ever just for 1/2 tsp.
I got an arm workout mixing the thick dough with my little mixer.
I scooped my cookies out with my secret tool for making the perfect size and shape of cookies.
I might have reserved a few chips from being tossed into the dough so that I could eat them while the first batch was cooking. (Seriously you should reserve some chips because they are creamy, minty and delicious! Or if you don’t want to bake cookies just eat the whole bag! I don’t judge!)
Hubby came downstairs the instant he heard the second dozen come out of the oven because he knew the first dozen would be cool enough to dig in, but warm enough to melt in your mouth.
Get in my belly!!!
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups (10-oz package) Hershey's Mint Chocolate Chips.
- 1. Heat oven to 350F
- 2. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add egg and vanilla;beat well. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in mint chocolate chips.
- 3. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 9 minutes or just until set; do not overbake. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Yields about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
Recipe courtesy of Hershey’s.