Remember how I told you you would need your toothbrush on Monday? Well, I hope you still have it because you’re going to need it again! The theme this week is candy and today I have a stick-in-your-teeth treat for you! English Toffee!
I know I told you dark chocolate was my jam, well, guess what. This toffee is wearing some dark chocolate, too! Can you tell I have a sweet tooth? The best part about toffee is it’s so easy to make! You only need 3 ingredients! Well, 4 if you could the chocolate. Five if you want to add nuts.
Not shown. Dark chocolate chips. Only because I broke the handle off my 1/2 cup measuring cup and it wouldn’t have looked pretty in the picture. Besides, the chocolate doesn’t come into play right away.
You mix the butter, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil. Make sure you’ve got your candy thermometer on there! It will be yellow in color. Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil.
As it cooks you’ll see it starting to get darker in color. Keep stirring and keep an eye on your thermometer.
Once you’ve hit 300 degrees pour it out onto your parchment lined baking sheet and start tossing your chocolate chips on.
The toffee will harden quick! Let the chips sit for a minute to soften then spread them out. An offset spatula comes in handy here.
Once the chocolate has set you can break it into pieces and enjoy!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate)
- Combine butter, sugar and water in a saucepan with a candy thermometer.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring continuously.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to boil and stir.
- When the thermometer reaches 300 degrees pour onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle chocolate over the hot toffee and let it rest for 1 minute. Spread the melted chocolate evenly over the toffee.
- Allow the toffee and chocolate to set before breaking into pieces.
I’ll be back on Friday with more for your sweet tooth!
Is dark chocolate your jam, too?
This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from the link your cost will be the same, but I will receive a small commission. Thanks for your support.