Last week hubby asked me to make a dessert to take over to a coworkers house. Sticking with my “Use What I’ve Got” theme for the month I dug through the pantry and decided I had everything I needed to make a Flourless Chocolate Cake. This is a recipe my friend Jessica gave me. (Hi, Jess!!)
This cake is rich and fudgy. It’s quite dense. It doesn’t look like much but it tastes divine!
me my waistline we took this to dinner precut on a disposable plate, so none of it came home with us. I didn’t even eat any while we were there because I was too busy chasing the toddler. I might have sampled a small piece after cutting it and it was just as good as I remember.
- 1/2 C butter
- 3 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate chips and stir occasionally until chocolate is completely melted. Remove chocolate from heat.
- Beat 4 eggs until fluffy in a large bowl, then add sugar and vanilla and mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- Temper the egg mixture by mixing in just a few tablespoons of the warm chocolate. Add the rest of the chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch springform pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until middle of the cake begins to firm up. Remove, cool, cover and chill the cake until you are ready to serve it.
I did glance over at the dessert table while we were thanking our gracious hosts and it was mostly gone. I think it was a hit. Next time I think I’ll have to top this off with some vanilla ice cream. Wouldn’t that be delish?