Last week was my first sorority alum chapter meeting of the year. Our theme for the first meeting is always Salad Supper. Everyone brings different types of salad to share. Potato salad, slaw, broccoli salad. I volunteered to bring fruit salad. Instead I decided to bring Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips.
I first had this fruit salsa at a Pampered Chef party and it was fantastic! There was none left at the end of the night because everyone devoured it!
So it isn’t the prettiest looking dessert, but it more than makes up for it in taste! I modified the Pampered Chef recipe a bit to reduce the sugar and it was still just as sweet!
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsly chopped
- 1 pint strawberries, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 small orange
- 1 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 1/4 white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Combine the apples, strawberries, and kiwi in a small bowl. Zest orange to measure 1 tbsp. Juice orange to measure 2 tbsp. Add zest, juice, sugar, and jelly to the fruit and gently stir to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spritz each tortilla individually with water and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Using a pizza cutter cut the tortilla into chip size servings. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 7-8 minutes, until crisp. Transfer to cooling rack, cool completely.
When I ran out of chips (because my father-in-law snacked on them) I ate the salsa by the spoonful! Man, this stuff is good. So good in fact I may make some for our playdate this morning!
And if you ever get invited to a Pampered Chef party buy the Santoku Knife! Makes you feel like a professional chef using such a fancy knife and it cuts like a dream! *I’m not a consultant so you can’t buy from me!
What kind of salsa do you like better? Tomato based or fruit based?