Hey! Happy Monday! How was your holiday weekend? Ours was busy and fun filled and exhausting and lake-tastic. We’re on our way home today and it’s back to reality. But I can pretend I’m still at the lake and enjoying the evenings around the fire by making S’more Cookies! I’m such a sucker for marshmallowy chocolate goodness. Remember how I made a S’moreclair cake for my birthday last year? Oh, an that time I made S’more Brownies? And we cannot spend a spring/summer/fall evening at the lake without making s’mores! So, of course I love these s’more cookies, too!
My friend, Sarah, shared this recipe with me and I actually waited a really long time to make them. And maybe that was a good thing, since I have no self control. Had I made them sooner I probably would weigh 10 lbs more. 😉
The girls love these cookies, too. But is that really any surprise? They’re kids! And they love chocolate and marshmallow, too. Hubby wasn’t as big a fan, but that’s mainly because they’re not a fudgy brownie or a peanut butter cookie. He likes what he likes.
So now that I love these cookies I’ll be tempted to make them all the time. Luckily I don’t keep Hershey kisses around, so it takes some preplanning to make these. So they’ll likely only be made for special occasions. And that’s OK with
my waistline me. OK, enough babbling from me. Here’s how to make these delicious s’more cookies!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 42 Heshey's kisses
- In a bowl, mix oats, flour, crushed graham crackers, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer 30 seconds. Beat in brown and granulated sugars. Beat in eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture. Chill, covered, for 1 to 4 hours.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a Silpat lined cookie sheets. Bake cookies in 375 degree oven for 8 minutes; remove from oven.
- Using the back of a teaspoon measure, make an indentation in each cookie top. Fill a piping bag with the marshmallow creme. Pipe 1 teaspoon creme into center of each cookie. Push a Hershey's kiss into creme, point side down. Return cookies to oven; bake 2 or 3 minutes more or until edges are light brown. Cool on cookie sheets 1 minute. Cool completely on wire racks. Makes 42 cookies.
Add some Kisses to your grocery list and plan to make these for a fun summer treat!