I was strolling through the grocery store the other day and I spotted a limited edition Jell-O pudding flavor. I really didn’t have a plan for it, but I had to buy a box (or two).
What to do, what to do…………
Well, how about the same thing I did with the last box of limited edition pudding I had on hand (Pumpkin Spice if you’re wondering). Make cookies!
Until I made the pumpkin pudding cookies I had never made pudding cookies before. I don’t know why! They were so good! I’m a big fan of soft cookies and pudding cookies are soft! Yum! I found this pudding at my local Kroger. I don’t know where else you’ll be able to find it. Kroger did not have the pumpkin pudding (that I could find). My mother-in-law found it at Wal-Mart. So those are the two places I would check first if I were you. Now, once you buy your pudding here’s how you make your cookies……
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package Jell-O Gingerbread Instant Pudding
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips (white chocolate chips might be good, too!)
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until light and fluffy. Add dry pudding mix; beat until well blended. Add eggs and baking soda; mix well. Gradually beat in flour until well blended. Stir in chocolate.
- Drop tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 min. or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 min. on baking sheets; remove to wire racks. Cool completely.
You can even omit the chocolate chips and these cookies are divine! (I know this because the last cookie from the bowl had no chocolate chips in it!) I’m so glad I picked up another box because I’m definitely making these again. I may even have to pick up another box or two on my next grocery trip! Enjoy!