It’s no secret that I have a sweet tooth. And two of my favorite sweets are chocolate and marshmallows, so s’mores brownies are right up my alley (and may be the reason that my bridesmaid dress for my sister’s wedding doesn’t have any wiggle room).
This super simple recipe is so gooey and delicious and perfect for your Fourth of July cookout next week!
These brownies are perfect if you like short cuts when baking. You can use your favorite brownie recipe or you can use a box. I was working with my favorite, pantsless soux chef, so boxed brownies were the way to go.
Now, typically around here we like fudgy brownies, but in this case you want cake like brownies. There’s enough gooey going on up top that fudge brownies would just be too much. And if you can find marshmallow creme in a glass jar, go for that vs. the plastic jar, since you’ve got some microwaving to do. Now, get baking!
- Your favorite brownie recipe or box mix (and ingredients to prepare cake like brownies)
- 1 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
- 2-4 graham crackers
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Prepare brownie mix for cake like brownies and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven to a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chips over the brownies and allow to sit for 5 minutes until the chocolate melts. Spread evenly over the top of the brownies.
- Microwave the marshmallow creme for 20-30 seconds and drizzle over the chocolate covered brownies.
- Crumble the graham crackers and sprinkle over the marshmallow creme.
- Microwave the remaining chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until melted and drizzle over the top.
- Serve warm for extra gooeyness.
So, tell me. Are you a s’mores fan?