Grab a toothbrush, people. It’s about to get sweet in here! I’ve got a delicious and sweet Peppermint Bark recipe for you today! Well, I’m not sure I can really call it a recipe. It’s so simple!
I could eat this stuff by the pound! I love peppermint. I love chocolate. It’s a winning combination. This would be great to give neighbors, your postal worker, teachers, anyone who you want to gift a sweet treat to.
You’ll need some good chocolate chips (I went with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate is my jam!) and some good white chocolate chips, peppermint extract and candy canes.
Start with your chocolate chips. I prefer to melt my chocolate in a double boiler. Make sure it’s all good and melted, then pour it on a parchment lined pan.
Smooth it out to your desired thickness and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes until it’s firm.
While it’s chillin’ it’s time to get out your frustrations. Take 6 candy canes, unwrap them and put them in a large bag. Now smash ’em! (alternatively you could take them for a ride in a food processor)
Now melt your white chocolate. Once it’s melted add in your peppermint extract and your crushed candy canes and mix.
Carefully pour this over the firm chocolate layer and spread it out evenly.
This layer is a little thicker so it’ll be a little harder to spread. Work quickly so you don’t melt your chocolate layer (like I did in the middle).
Refrigerate for an hour or two until it’s completely solid. Once it’s firm you can break it into bite (or big bite) sized pieces. And try to show some restraint while packaging it up.
Who wouldn’t want to be the recipient of some of this deliciousness? (My husband I suppose because he’s not a peppermint fan. Weirdo.)
- 1 bag quality chocolate chips
- 1 bag quality white chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 6 candy canes
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler. Spread melted chocolate on a parchment lined pan.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Place candy canes in a bag and crush.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler. Once melted add in peppermint extract and crushed candy canes. Spread evenly over chocolate layer.
- Refrigerate until completely firm, about 1-2 hours.
- Break into pieces.
Peppermint. Yay or nay?