I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for simple and delicious side dishes that are a bit more than just roasting a vegetable. But I also want it to be healthy. I was so excited when my friend Katie introduced me to Roasted Corn and Coconut. I know, you’re probably thinking roasted corn and coconut? But seriously you have to try it! It’s so good!
And don’t base your decision not to try it on my horrible photos either. I’m without my camera. I know they say the camera doesn’t take the pictures, but I have no control over this camera other than turning off the flash and well, yeah. I guess I’ll just have to make this again when I get my camera back and retake the pictures. Moving on.
The funny thing about this recipe is it contains two ingredients that the hubby isn’t really a big fan of, cilantro and lime, but he likes this! Woo woo! Cilantro and lime are two of my favorite things, so of course this is right up my alley. I served it up with Mexican Chicken Burgers and we all gobbled it up!
- 5 ears corn, kernels removed (2-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
- Mix corn with olive oil and jalapeno in a medium bowl. Spread the corn mixture out evenly onto a baking sheet. Roast corn, stirring once, until browned slightly and crisp tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Return the corn mixture back into the bowl and mix in cilantro, coconut, and lime juice. Serve warm.
Actually, now that I think about it I’m excited to make roasted corn and coconut again once my camera is fixed!
So, tell me. Are you going to give it a try?