What is the Female Entrepreneur Association (FEA)? What do they do? Why should you care? Find out in this post. We’ll explore the FEA’s mission, goals, and some of the ways they empower women entrepreneurs. Plus, we’ll give you an idea of what you can gain from FEA membership. Let’s get started!
What Is A Female Entrepreneur Called?
A female entrepreneur is simply a woman who owns and runs her own business. These women are often trailblazers, facing obstacles and challenges that their male counterparts may not encounter. Despite this, they continue to achieve amazing success and inspire women to enter the entrepreneurship world.
Whether it be through launching disruptive and innovative startups or establishing successful corporate businesses, female entrepreneurs prove that women can compete in the male-dominated field of entrepreneurship. They are a true force to be reckoned with and continually shatter societal norms and expectations. So, the next time someone asks what a female entrepreneur is called, the answer is simply “a boss.”
What Is The Female Entrepreneur Association?
The Female Entrepreneurs Association (FEA) is a global organization that is dedicated to empowering women entrepreneurs.
- Founded in 2014 by award-winning entrepreneur Carrie Green, the FEA provides its members with resources, networking opportunities, and educational programs to help them grow their businesses.
- The Female Entrepreneur Association is committed to helping women achieve their entrepreneurial dreams. The organization offers a variety of resources, including an online course on starting a business, a directory of female-owned businesses, and a monthly newsletter. The Female Entrepreneurs Association also hosts events around the world, including conferences, meetups, and webinars.
- The organization is led by CEO Carrie Green Founder who is passionate about helping women succeed in business. Green has been featured in Forbes, Inc., and The Huffington Post, and she is the author of the best-selling book She Means Business: Turn Your Ideas into Reality and Become a Wildly Successful Entrepreneur.
- The FEA also advocates for policies that support women entrepreneurs, such as paid parental leave and access to capital. With over 100,000 members in more than 100 countries, the FEA connects women entrepreneurs all over the world with other like-minded women who are ready to support and uplift each other’s successes.
- The organization is headquartered in London, England. However, thanks to its online presence and in-person events, the FEA is truly a global community dedicated to empowering and uplifting female entrepreneurship.
The Impact Of The Female Entrepreneur Association
The Female Entrepreneur Association has had a profound impact on the lives of its members.
- One member, Sarah Jones, credits the organization with helping her start her own business. Jones says, “I would not be where I am today without the Female Entrepreneur Association. The resources they provide have been invaluable to me as I’ve grown my business.”
- Another member, Emily Thompson, echoes Jones’ sentiment. The Female Entrepreneur Association has given me the confidence to pursue my dreams,” says Thompson. “I never would have started my own business if it wasn’t for this amazing organization.”
- The Female Entrepreneurs Association has also been praised by some of the biggest names in the business. Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook and author of Lean In Women, Work, and the Will to Lead, says that the Female Entrepreneur Association “is making a difference in the lives of women entrepreneurs everywhere.”
Wildly Successful Business Started Under The Umbrella Of FEA
The Female Entrepreneur Association has been credited with helping launch many successful businesses. We’ve rounded up a few of the most notable businesses that got their start with the help of the FEA.
SheEO is a global entrepreneur support network that helps women-led businesses grow and scale. The organization was founded by Vicki Saunders, who is also the founder of the Female Entrepreneur Association.
Brazen is a networking and career development platform for women. The company was founded by Penelope Trunk, who is also a member of the FEA.
3. Girls in Tech
Girls in Tech is a global organization that works to empower, educate, and invest in women in the tech industry. The organization was founded by Adriana Gascoigne, who is also a member of the FEA.
4. The Muse
Muse is a career development platform that offers advice, resources, and job opportunities for women. The company was co-founded by Kathryn Minshew, who is also a member of the FEA.
5. Lean In
This wildly successful business started under the umbrella of the Female Entrepreneur Association (FEA), has revolutionized the way women approach their careers. Founded by Lean In author and Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg, Lean In encourages women to take ownership of their professional paths and avoid leaning back or deferring to their male colleagues. Through Lean In Circles, Lean In University courses, mentor/mentee matching, and their global Lean In communities, Lean In empowers women to build successful careers and break institutional barriers. With Sandberg’s exceptional leadership and FEA’s support, Lean In has become a worldwide force for women in business.
6. GLAMOUR Magazine
GLAMOUR Magazine, in partnership with the Female Entrepreneur Association, launched its “Grow Your GLAMOUR Business” program in 2014. This program offers resources and support specifically to female entrepreneurs, helping them grow their businesses and achieve success.
One example of a business that has found success through this program is GLAMOUR’s Top 10 College Women’s competition winner, PLUR Garden. Founded by Hannah Edelman, PLUR Garden offers sustainable and environmentally-friendly products for landscaping and gardening.
Since joining “Grow Your GLAMOUR Business,” PLUR Garden has expanded to over 30 retail locations nationwide and continues to grow steadily. GLAMOUR Magazine’s “Grow Your GLAMOUR Business” program serves as a perfect example of the power and potential of female entrepreneurship.
7. RED Magazine
RED Magazine, started under the umbrella of the Female Entrepreneur Association, has quickly become a powerhouse in the business world. It focuses on empowering and uplifting female business owners through various channels such as its online magazines, community events, and mastermind groups. RED also offers a variety of resources for female entrepreneurs, including courses on finance and mindset coaching. RED’s success has not only helped uplift women in their communities but has also inspired other businesses to prioritize female leadership and empowerment.
8. Hay House Publishing
Founded by Louise Hay, Hay House Publishing began as a small publishing company under the umbrella of the Female Entrepreneur Association. Today, it has become one of the leading publishers of self-help and inspirational material.
In addition to books, Hay House also produces online courses, events, and digital content to help individuals improve their personal and professional lives. The success of Hay House is a testament to the power and potential of female entrepreneurship.
So there you have it, a list of some of the most successful businesses started by members of the Female Entrepreneur Association. These companies are proof that female entrepreneurship is a force to be reckoned with. If you’re a woman in business, we encourage you to get involved with the FEA and take advantage of all they have to offer.
The Female Entrepreneur Association is a great platform for women to empower themselves. With the help of this platform, women can become more successful in their businesses. If you are a female entrepreneur, we encourage you to join this association and make use of its resources.